Info for Parents & Guardians
Note to New Students:
- The Bridge is for 7th-12th graders only (No exceptions)
- All students must register the first time they attend. On the first visit students are required to bring a student I.D. or have parental consent in order to register.
Our Staff & Volunteers:
- All Bridge Staff/Volunteers must undergo training, an application process and pass a background check.
- We are proud that all of our Staff/Volunteers serve the community actively in many different areas that don’t just include the Bridge and have a wide variety of experience. This includes teachers, pastors, youth leaders, ex-military & law-enforcement, DOC, coaches, public workers and more. They are well respected in our community and care deeply about your students.
- Our goal is to always maintain a student/staff ratio of 15:1.
- The Bridge is a 10,000 square foot space that is located in the heart of Canon City on Main Street. Because of the open floor plan, we have great visibility into the entire space during meeting times. The back rooms are locked and off limits to students at all times.
- Upon entering the Bridge, students cannot get past our check-in area without first registering. During the first visit we collect contact information for your student, emergency contact info, picture, and ask them to read and agree to our code of conduct (see below). Upon subsequent entries, students simply have to verify this information and “check-in”. Upon leaving, all students are required to check-out at the registration desk. This allows us to keep track of who is in the building and when necessary inform parents/guardians when students enter and exit the building. Feel free to contact us any time to ask when your student checked in/out of our building.
- During meeting times, no unauthorized adults are allowed past the check-in area unless they are escorted by a Staff/Volunteer. This is to ensure the highest level of accountability with parents and guardians and reassure them that no adult is spending time with their student that is not a background-checked official Staff/Volunteer.
Important to Note:
- Please be aware that we are unable to “hold” your student at the Bridge. We allow free check-in & check-out during our meeting times and can’t control when students choose to leave the facility.
- During busy times at the Bridge we may enforce a single-sign-in policy. Meaning, if your student signs in, and then signs out, they will not be allowed back into the building. Many students will use the Bridge as a drop-off and pick-up point so they can hang out on Main Street under the guise of being at the Bridge. We did not open for this purpose and we don't condone this behavior.
- Safety is our highest priority and our security team patrols the block and the alley regularly during evening hours. The best way to keep your student safe when spending time at the Bridge is to encourage them to stay in the building at all times.
- To maintain the highest level of accountability with parents/guardians and our community, no staff will be allowed to drive in a vehicle with a student without prior consent. Students also may not enter the building unless at least 2 staff members are present.
- A phone is available for students to call parents/guardians for pick-up or in the case of emergencies.
- In the case of a non life-threatening emergency, we will contact the parent/guardian we have on file.
- If you are picking up a student and need help finding them, please ask a staff member to assist and we will collect your student. Parents/guardians are not allowed beyond the registration area unless they are escorted by a staff member at the team leader’s discretion. During busy times this may not be possible.
- Disciplinary matters are taken very seriously and are dealt with swiftly. In more serious matters, students may be suspended and parents/guardians notified. Ultimately our philosophy is that discipline, if handled properly is an opportunity to demonstrate grace, teach, and build character.
The following is our current code of conduct that all students must agree to during the registration process:
- Must sign-in & sign-out every time you enter/exit the building. You may not sign-in or sign-out without a staff member present.
- We reserve the right to search you and your bag/purse at any time.
- No food or drinks may be brought into the building.
- The Bridge or it’s staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- No drugs, alcohol or weapons. Zero tolerance policy.
- Be respectful with PDA (personal displays of affection).
- Profanity & vulgar language is not allowed.
- No explicit, pornographic or violent content may be viewed or shared on any any devices (cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc) while inside the building.
Respect the Bridge, Respect Others, Respect Yourself
- Respect the Bridge and everything inside of it like it was your own home. If an item is broken through abuse we will require you to pay for a replacement.
- Respect our staff. They volunteer their time freely because they care about you.
- Respect the surrounding public property including neighbors and local businesses.
- Love other students at the Bridge to the best of your ability. No bullying, harassing, fighting, gossiping or talking disrespectfully about other students at any time.
Any question or concerns? Please contact us: email@example.com